Roulette is one of the most popular casino games in the world, either in land based or online gambling environment. It’s a game that holds a pretty rich history and dates back in centuries. If you’ve ever visited a casino, you’ll remember that a game that is always busy is exactly this one.
Same way as it’s in brick & mortar casinos, live dealer casinos are also offered a handful of the most popular games – BlackJack, Baccarat, Casino Hold’em and Roulette. I’ll be upfront here and tell you that playing live Roulette online is as exciting as doing so live. The pros are obvious though – you can easily avoid a long drive to the casino and remain in the comfort of your own home.
We completely forgot to mention that Roulette is a number prediction game and contains a numbered wheel and a table layout, used by players to make monetary wagers on various events occurring.
The game starts with players wagering money on one of the Roulette bet types available. You can find an overview of them below:
- Single Number Bet
- Double – 2 numbers
- Street – 3 numbers
- Corner or Square – 4 numbers
- Double Street – 6 numbers (double street)
- Trio – a bet on the zero and two numbers
- Red or Black
- Even or Odd
- Dozen Bets (1-12/13-24/25-36)
- Column Bets
Once you are done making your wagers, the dealer will spin the roulette wheel. When playing in a land based, brick & mortar casino or a live online casino, the wheel will be spin while you are making your wagers. If this is the case, you’ll be able to wager until the croupier announces ”no more bets”.
The wheel is spun and the only real thing you can actually do is root for your number or pick to fulfill. Once the wheel stops, croupier will announce the winning number and any wins will be paid right away. Here’s an overview of the payout odds for various bet types in Roulette:
- Single – 35 to 1
- Double – 17 to 1
- Street – 11 to 1
- Double Street – 5 to 1
- Corner – 8 to 1
- Trio – 11 to 1
- Red or Black – 1 to 1
- Even or Odd – 1 to 1
- Dozen Bets – 2 to 1
- Column Bets – 2 to 1
Even though all variations simply go by the title ”Roulette”, there is a significant difference between them. Overall, this game features three main variations:
- American Roulette – the main difference in this variation is an additional number ”00”, which works in the favor of casino, simply because there are more numbers, yet the payouts remain the same.
- European Roulette – seemingly, the most popular variation of the game nowadays. It features a single zero layout (only 1 ”0” on the wheel and the layout) and a relatively friendly house edge set at 3.5%
- French Roulette – most favorable variation of the game for players. While the layout is exactly the same as one for European type, French variation offers an additional rule, known as ”la partage”. This allows players to re-coup their wagers on even money bets, even if they’ve made the wrong prediction.
Strategy & Tips
Roulette is a popular game among abusive players. What we’re trying to imply here is that there’s a good bunch of people who actually believe that Roulette is beatable. Well, we will set one thing straight – it’s not beatable, regardless of what strategy you have in mind. The house edge always remains there and unless you cheat or the wheel is somehow biased, you won’t be able to do anything about it.
What you can do, is follow a set of simple tips. These actually apply to gambling in general and not only Roulette in particular.
- Never gamble with money you cannot afford to lose.
- Set yourself a limit. If you know that you lose your mind gambling, take a fixed amount of money to the casino.
- Do not use any gambling systems that require you to increase your wager every time you lose, such as the Martingale.
- Play sober, unless you are certain that you don’t lose control, when drinking.
Where to Play Live Roulette?
Ready to get into the action? Great, as we have prepared some offers exactly for you! If you have not found home for playing live dealer Roulette yet, take a look below.
All non-USA players should definitely join Titan Casino, as they offer an incredible amount of games and are just about the most reputable online casino in the industry. What’s even more important is that they offer live dealer games of exceptional quality. You’ll also get treated like a VIP, regardless of how much you deposit to the casino. However, for those of you that don’t mind depositing 4 figures – Titan offers a $5,000 welcome package!
USA players are not able to join Titan, but there’s a great alternative – 5Dimes Casino! They are US Friendly, reputable sports-book and casino with experience that’s referred to in double digits of years in the industry as well as fast to process deposits and withdrawals. Their Live Casino offers a chance to play BlackJack, Roulette and Baccarat for a variety of stakes.